Fight for your soul – 2
Do you realize that you do not really know what you are capable of? In the best of men, there is great wickedness and much good can still be found in the worst of men. Many of us without knowing are gradually been primed to do the very things we consider wrong. Every man seem to have his prize these days.
In nine out of ten situations and almost in every situation, you cannot be tempted by what you have not been able to imagine (an act is first conceived in the imagination before being carried out and the easiest way to take spontaneous action without considering outcome is at the height of emotions).
- Have you held a gun in your hands before? Yes, you have done that by imagining it after watching gunshot in the movies.
- Have you visited a whore / brothel before? Yes you have, through the eyes of the camera.
- Have been involved in witchcraft? Have you visited the coven? Yes! In African Magic movies, Legend of the seeker and Merlin! Though you were not physically present but through the eyes of the camera, you witnessed it all.
- Have you been to Africa, to America or to Britain before? Yes, definitely you have done that through the movies e.g. “Coming to America”, “Mr Bones”
- Have you committed fornication before? I hear you say no! I agree but you are just a step from doing it if opportunity comes because you have silently seen many doing it in the movies. You can imagine it all and the same emotions have coursed through your body.
- A 5 years old child has already seen more than 1000 acts of violence on TV and is either full of fear of being hurt or full of anger ready to hurt others if necessay.
Research has shown that our subconscious mind cannot distinguish between the actual act and our feelings when it is stirred up through our imaginations. That is the primary reason why even the religious /spiritual are culpable as long as they are exposed to these same things.
All that is needed to influence you is to get it into your imagination. Except you have strong values or a strong will, once you can imagine it, you can be tempted with it.
There are two main ways to make people do what you want or what they may otherwise perceive as wrong:
- Create hype about it. Get them excited before pushing them into it. Make it something to looking forward to experiencing, create the adrenaline rush and put them on an emotional high before putting forward the imagination. If you succeed in doing this, almost every individual would have done it before thinking of repercussion e.g. Products promotions, wild parties, loud beat music, scintillating words, self-aggrandizing praise etc.
- The second is subtle; it is a gradual conforming of the mind towards the wrong thing while making the right thing to look outdated, unnecessary or overbearing. The mind is naturally curious and adventurous. The mind is always interested in something new thereby making the routine to look or feel boring. If there’s something seemingly new, the curious mind can be quite permissive.
Consider the following trend;
In the 70’s, it was usually a pride to see women clad in full length gowns. Ladies prided themselves in being modest and was not lady-like to expose any part of your body in public; hats, gowns, gloves, stockings and socks are a complete pack and blend. Even in movies, sex was implied by a man and woman entering the bedroom while the next scene is pregnancy.
In the 60’s, gowns which were usually almost ankle length became just below the knees and the full arm length became just below the elbow. Scarfs and hats were gradually fading while kissing and smooching became rampant in movies.
In the 80’s, clothes of different materials showed up, jerseys & silks were now favorites while the good old cotton & wool became ‘not in vogue’. Clothes became tighter, arms were shortened to just across the shoulders and trouser suits erupted (initially these were ‘normal’ trousers to make them acceptable even to the conservatives). By the late 90’s gowns stopped having arms, we now had more of spaghetti and arm less gowns. Cleavages became obvious while gowns were now above the knee for similar sizes. Trousers became tighter (it was called sleek) the baggies disappeared from men panties and shorts became popular for so called outdoor relaxation.
Sports were not left out and the usual shorts and t-shirts (polo shirt) gave way to tights and pants. In the early 90’s movies moved the camera into the bedrooms but showed movements under blankets while leaving the rest to our imaginations but by the late 90’s, blankets were off, clothe were shrewd all over the floor , breasts were bared and people wanted more. Pornography began to knock on the doors to becoming publicly available.
Now in the 21st century, we have leggings, hugs, tubes, bum shorts etc. Rape is agog and same gender sexual relationships is being legalized.
We have been gradually transformed by the powers that be behind the media & fashion world into less than what human beings were created to be. We want the pleasure while we silently want God out of our systems because each time we consider the possibility of God, guilt and fear comes.
Those whose values are already warped but cannot delete God from their vocabulary have decided to create a permissive god of their own whose value is lowered out of love and no longer has a standard for godliness. Each day, violence is increasing and corruption is in vogue. There is a lot of pointing of fingers but many are already sold out to sin unconsciously.
Fight for your soul..! Abstain from fleshly lusts that war against the soul.
1Peter_2:11; “Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;”
If you have been finding it difficult to get wrong thoughts off your mind, you are gradually losing it.
Genesis 6:5 “And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.”
Isaiah 55:7; “Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.”