FIGHT FOR YOUR SOUL!
Be true to yourself in answering the following questions:
- Have you had a strong urge to do something, you enjoyed doing it but you were unhappy afterwards? That is called “Lust”
- Have you found yourself getting involved again and again in that act because it triggers a part of your brain (pleasure center in the limbic system) that makes it difficult for you to resist doing it? That is entanglement. Some people call it addiction.
- Did you find yourself feeling condemned by your conscience in your heart and wondering if you can live up to the ideal standard you desire as a person? That is guilt.
- Did you find it difficult to live in guilt despite the fact that you couldn’t stop doing that thing? That is war within your soul. “……abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;” 1Peter 2:11
- Did a voice in your head begin to tell you, “maybe that is the way you are wired”, “perhaps no one could actually live up to the so called standard”. Did the voice tell to stop struggling and ‘be yourself’ because even others are pretending (that is imagination exalting itself against your natural coding about to change who you are). “…. Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God…….”2 Corinthians 10:5
However, if you give in by continuing in the act, accepting that what you are doing characterizes what you are. If you find yourself fighting the guilt….you have lost your soul. That is the state of most homosexuals, lesbians, pedophiles, murderers, serial killers, liars, drunkards, drug addicts, adulterers etc).
To abort the process, there are basically 3 rules:
- If you have a strong will (spirit), you might be able to decide on your own to stop. Or, a tragedy will force you to stop (with the onset of a gradual reverse but a risk of going back into it. This is not a guaranteed solution but it works for some especially if you feed on the right information and quit the relationship or environment.
- You may join a group of people like you trying to quit the same habit. Psychology, psychotherapy & social remodeling as a group helps but there are failures too.
- Surest solution is to Humble yourself under God. Come to the cross where the lamb (Jesus Christ) was slain. Receive him and the blood of Jesus will set you free. After this, the spirit of God will recode (format) you into what you ought to be. “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved”. Acts 4:12
Note that if you claim to be in Christ and you live habitually in sin, you are in trouble! For how else could you be free!!